Friday, October 26, 2012

Blog #8

http://gakuranman.com/aristotles-moral-philosophy/
Aristotle is a Greek critic that came up with the poetics of how a play should be. He came up with what the elements of tragedy should be to be a good tragedy. His good elements to tragedy are if the play is about important people, there has to have a fall, there has to be a tragic flaw to each main character, and god's are crushing the human. This website explains Aristotle's moral philosophy. This website gives a whole bunch of information about him and many other things. The significance of Oedipus the King is what Aristotle thought of the play. He thought his play met all the requirements for the elements of tragedy. Everything in this play has the elements of tragedy and that's why the play is so interesting to me.


I haven't found an independent reading book, yet. I want to find one that is the complete opposite from the horror story of A Clockwork Orange. I plan on finding the book I want to read sometime soon so I can blog about it.

1 comment:

  1. Good points....I am just wondering if the title could be a bit more creative?? You haven't said much about Oedipus...what do you think of the play??

    ReplyDelete