Friday, September 28, 2012

Catchy Quote: "A Clockwork Orange"

http://www.lacrosselibrary.org/information/books_lit.asp
"Then I looked at its top sheet, and there was the name- A CLOCKWORK ORANGE- and I said: 'That's a fair gloopy title. Who ever heard of a clockwork orange?' Then I read the malenky a bit out loud in a sort of very high type preaching goloss:'- The attempt to impose upon man, a creature of growth and capable of sweetness, to ooze juicily at the last round the bearded lips of God, to attempt to impose, I say, laws and conditions appropriate to a mechanical creation, against this I raise my sword-pen-' Dim made the old lip-music at that and I had to smeck myself."

I picked these few sentences for my favorite quote. I picked it because it has the title of the book into the book itself. It kind of explains what is in the book this man is writing and what it's about. A lot of people like to write books in their free time. If you want to write a fiction book there are some rules you can follow to make it interesting. Here are top ten rules when writing fiction. So if you're interested in writing fiction take a look at these rules.

2 comments:

  1. Including the line that contained your novel's title was a brilliant move! Great point. Try to focus blog, however, on your reactions to the novel instead of elements of fiction. Or if you look at elements of fiction, analyze whether or not your novel has them. Keep reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very drawn to your blogs because of my love for this book. I enjoy that quote as well. I think the author does a great job of letting the read enter Alex's mind. A great fiction book it is. Read on and i hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete